Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Engagement Party

The Engagement Party

So, I've been doing some thinking about the Engagement party. Even though it's just over 12 months to go...yeah yeah I know I'm an excited bride.

I've got the venue booked in and a time in mind. Even got the names of family on both sides and friends we want to invite.
That alone is 94 people and counting. We're still adding names.
Thankfully, the venue is free and it's BYOG.


But what to feed 94+ people on a summer afternoon? At an outside venue?

Here's some of my ideas:























so wow, dips, a cob loaf, satay sticks and bruschetta. How creative am I? Not!

In my head, each trestle table will have a small selection of dips/nibblies on it and will be decorated with these flowers in square glass vases...yup they're Hyacinths!









But seriously, dear reader, how would you feed 94+ people on a budget?


I'm sure it can be done.

Perhaps I could stock up on tons of square vases and use them to display nibblies like here









The only question after that is what to do with all the vases?!

No comments: